Tuesday, September 8, 2009


I’m in Uganda! I escaped with the team to a retreat center (Mto Moyoni!!) shortly after Congo to rest, relax and process some of the stories from the war zone. Upon arriving I felt like I had processed most the traumatic things we’d heard so I was excited to ask God for strategy on how to tackle the international problems we faced. :) It was amazing. Within the first hour of arriving God was speaking and had A LOT to say. But the strategy was different from what I expected:
“You’re my daughter. First and foremost, my girl.” =)
Uh! How much am I his favorite?!
Thousands of hungry people I want to feed, a million things that could be done and that I probably need to be doing, and his answer couldn’t have been more perfect.
Us. “This” is what always comes first. I LOVE this. You know when you feel like the most LOVED person that probably exists? That’s how he makes me feel all the time. For two days we sat, laughed, swam in the Nile and beheld a breathtaking garden. Just being. How often do we miss life by doing? By trying to “accomplish” or “achieve” when all we’re meant to do is love. Everything else can happen but from that place. I am so motivated to run. To dive, to go as fast and as hard as I possibly can and to see Mugunga IDP camp look more like Heaven than the current hell it resembles now. But presently all that he’s asking is for me to be. To rest and wait.
Perhaps I’m just lacing up my shoes, only time will tell but in perfect love I wait. In this love I trust and in this love I dream.

Imagine a Mugunga where skin diseases don’t exist.

An “IDP camp” that’s not synonymous with sickness.

Imagine that instead of seeing development take a halt due to the war, creativity breaks out, inventions start being formed, new types of music starts rising and the children learn to play again. They laugh from their bellies free from the sound of gunshots and the fear that dares to imprison them in silence.

It’s so close I can almost taste it. It’s heaven on earth and it’s getting thin over Mugunga. Or so I dream. And trust. =)

I wonder which comes first, the chicken or the egg? Dreaming or trusting? Is it in knowing his goodness and trusting him in his desire for a war ravished nation that we can believe for its transformation? Or is it in dreaming that there’s transformation for a war-ravished nation that leads us to trust him more for the impossible?

I dunno. Love! Haha. Love is always the answer. Receiving it in full then giving all you just got. “Us”. Everything is just an extension of that. (deep sigh) :)

No comments: