Friday, August 15, 2008

Fun little story from Uganda

So for the last week I've been travelling with a medical mission team from eastern Uganda. My last day on our way home we stumbled upon a tradition here with men. It was a group of maybe 15-20 guys sitting around a bucket of alcohol each with a long straw stuck in getting drunk. But it looks kinda neat somehow. So we pulled over and a friend jumped out of the car to get me a picture. Well, what started friendly soon turned sour as it turns out, a bunch of drunk guys didn't really want their picture taken and they started getting mad. In rabutle my friend states he's a christian, doesn't want trouble and goes to dive back in the car. Halfway down the street he tells us how they had actually softened when he mentioned Jesus and had asked if we could pray for them. What? So we turned the car around, jumped out and ran over to chat. A little shocked at us they said they didn't want Jesus but yes they'd still a take a prayer. haha, God can use that... I quickly shared about God's power and his love and they agreed that we could invite him to join us :) Well He did. A couple of us then started giving words of knowledge and prophesying over them (telling them things God wanted to say to them, things that without Jesus we would never know) They totally melted. Someone gave a call for healing and people started getting well just there on the side of the street. "Wait, I gotta go show my friends!" One guy told us after being totally healed. Now because of this people kept coming forward saying now they wanted this Jesus. It was great. As the adults were getting totally blasted the kids were watching on the side. So I go over and explain a 'lil, teach a 'lil and they join me in praying for the sick. Well the very first one they saw, a women with immobility and pain in her knees, jumps up and started stomping her leg.(I always like for them to REALLY try it out) Well, TOTALLY healed! Fabulous I say. We had creative miracles, aches and pains, blindness (no blind, blindness) and a whole lot of changed hearts, right there off the road. What fun. Here are the pics from the day. First the men, then me praying with the kids for a guy with stomach problems.


No comments: