Friday, August 31, 2007

I always forget how much work big moves are. Just over a week ‘til I go and I’m overwhelmed at all that still needs to be done. Funny but if me moving isn’t enough Laura, my flat mate is also moving out of the flat when she returns from holidays (she went to visit some friends in America) So this past week was mixed with estate agents, and lots of packing. I had a few more days off (trying to make sure I take all my paid holidays) and I found myself running around switching currencies, picking up parcels and trying to close bank accounts. Which totally did not work. Somehow I managed to freeze my account three times. That’s right three. I kept, saying wrong codes and passwords and then you have to queue for ages to get the attendants to unlock and verify identification. Uh it was awful. I became great friends with all the cashiers though lol. But still.
It seems I’m not handling this move as fabulous as I handled the last one however. Either Laura or myself have been caught crying every night for the past week. I love life, I love moving and new adventures but sometimes the thought of more goodbyes, I just, I’ve never been a pro with them either. It seems that every time I turn around I’m telling someone new about me leaving. It sucks. And packing. This time I can’t ship things, I can’t leave things here and I can’t carry them all on my back. Any solutions? I think I’ll be purging half my life which I’m dreading but it’ll be great cause then if someone tried to steal my stuff I could just laugh and say “ha! I already gave half of it away, take that”. Deep sigh.
So yes, for those of you who know me and my heart, I’d love your prayers.
Should head out though, sorry for the repeat if you received my e-mail. Tons of love, will update again soon.

No comments: