Sunday, August 12, 2007

So long my fair England...

Whenever asked how long I’ll be in England, you’ve probably all heard me say “Oh I don’t know, maybe another week, maybe another year” Well it’s now official, one more month.
Back in May I was talking with God and asking him about what’s next after London. Hoping he was going to say “I’m glad you asked, we’re actually going to Sudan next to work with orphans and child soldiers!!” He totally shocked me and instead said we were going to America. A very specific move and I would be working with these certain people and their ministry that deals with child injustices in third world nations. It was sort of strange and totally out of my box at the time. As God and I are still chatting my friend comes over to me and starts saying that God just told her I was going to be moving on and it was a very specific move and goes off on one saying what we were just secretly speaking about.
That night I went to bed still pondering everything and Jesus says “Don’t tell anyone, don’t even speak out what I’ve just told you.” So a week goes by and nobody knows what’s transpired when one night while washing dishing he says “You can speak it out now, and start thanking me for it”. Later that evening Laura gets home, looks at me and says “God just told me He told you what’s next. What are you doing, where are you going?” So after some humming and hawing I confess that I think I’m going to America. She paused and then without blinking an eye says “Yeah, and he’s going to hook you up with Global Children’s Movement Etc. ” (the ministry that God had already said) SO this was June 1st. A month and a half goes by, I have no idea how it’s going to happen or what it’s going to look like when out of the blue God brings it up and I know it’s time to contact them. Not knowing much about what they’re up to or if they have any opportunities for strangers to work with them I look up some websites. Turns out they have a little internship program that starts in September and they are taking applicants. Two days later my 10 page application was in and just over a week later I was on the phone with them discussing when I should arrive. SO great story but what exactly am I talking about? Well, I’m leaving London and moving to LA, California to do an internship with a ministry called Expression58 (affiliated with Global Children’s Movement) The directors are Shawn Bolz and Jennifer and Jonatan Toledo, some great people that really love Jesus and kids work in third world countries. It starts September 15 and then in January I go with the Tolledos to Colombia and Ecuador. So that is life as I know it. I was a tad nervous at first as I wasn’t sure I wanted to move to LA (far cry from Sudan) but I’m excited now, ready for yet another international move.
Hope you’re all doing well! Speak soon!

2 comments:

Lara Kincer said...

Yes, I'm stalking you. I hope you get the picture that I'm very excited about this move.

ps. If you need a home during "American" Thanksgiving, you are always welcome at mine! :)

Anonymous said...

Cass! I'm excited that you're continuing your travels! (If I can't go anywhere I have to live through you!) Make sure you get in contact with Jayne before you go! (if you can) she was so excited to get to see you.. she's already in the netherlands. so if you have a way to contact her, do it!! love ya hun! i'll phone soon
-Steph