Monday, July 7, 2008

It smells like Africa! (Phase...three?)

So I wrote this big long blog yesterday and right before it published my internet cut off. C'est la vie je quoi.

Well, after around 72 hours of travel on maybe 10 hours of sleep we finally arrived in Kenya!

I was more than extatic to say the least. We spent the night in Nairobi and the next day flew to Eldorate and then drove to Bungoma. We're here checking things out and having meetings about GCM's up and coming Rescue Center and then tomorrow we head off again.
A 6 hour drive across the Kenya-Uganda border to Kampala and then an early morning flight up north, followed by another long drive across another border to end in Sudan.

I'm so pumped to be back in Africa. My body not so much as my skin and stomach are still acclimatizing but...other then that! I've been taking lots of pictures and hugging all the babies. My swahili is slow but give me another day or two ;)

To step back a little... my time in LA was great. It was soo good seeing people again and eating all my old favourite Californian food, that and a few expression58 mettings and I had a blast.

We went from California to London where we had a great OVERNIGHT layover! It felt like such a gift to be back 'home' in England with one of my favourite friends, sad to have only been there a night tho!

Anyway, I'm sorry this is so scatter brained, or at least it feels scatter brained.

We still don't have a concrete plan for after the team leaves. I have some things that have been on my heart in the last couple days but right now they're pretty far out there so unless God shows up... they won't happen. So please keep praying as we decide what country I'll heading to after July 18th.

I hope everyone is doing fabulous, internet will be more scarce in the upcoming days so please understand my lack of communication is not my lack of desire to chat. I will be getting a Kenyan number today so hopefully I can use that in transit as well. I'll have that number out soon!
big hugs to all!

No comments: