Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hey ya'll! JK! I haven't turned that American yet.

I made it to Cali! Everything is going well, I had trouble getting into the country with customs and missed my flight but eventually I made it here. There are 11 interns in the program and we're actually at the directors mom's house right now on our way to a camping trip! (team bonding?)
The program keeps us busy with classes during the day and outreach at night. The most exciting outreach we'll be doing (most exciting in my mind) is called "Night life" that works with prostitutes and girls that are being trafficked in the scanky dens in LA.
Will share more about it later. Love you all, sorry it's so short. Might get a phone next wekk. loves!
Speak soon,
Cass

3 comments:

Lara Kincer said...

Hello my Canadian Friend!! Glad you made it here ok.

Here's some insider info to prevent you from getting beat up. Be careful about assuming that all American's say "Ya'll" or you might get a talking to by many Californians who will inevitably make fun. :)

That phrase is reserved for the south, more specifically Texas (or for those of us like me who have the Southern hospitality runnin' through their blood).

Let's see proper salutations here in Cali include: "was'up", "hey bro", and of course, the notorious head nod.

Me, I'm with you. We need to bring back ya'll and howdy.

I hope you're settling in just fine. When you know you're going to have a free moment, please let me know. I'd love to swing by and say hi!

Hope you didn't get rained out on your camping trip!!

Anonymous said...

Haha oh Cass... I got your frantic message and I knew there was no way for me to call you so I'm glad to know that you're doing better!
I'd ask you to give me your phone number when you get a phone, but I know you well enough to know that your family is the only way for me to get a reliable phone number when you're out of the country!.. Sooo let me know when you get a phone, and then I'll get the number from Caity or your mom!! lol
Love ya hun!
Miss you!

- Steph

Anonymous said...

Hi Cassy,
Hope you are still alive/well since this blog... My msg to you: GET A PHONE :) That's my big sister irritated voice too (ya-you know it). Mom and Dad are gone and have not called, you are gone and have no phone. Family? Hello? Is anybody there? If anything happens, I'll be sure that cordoroy inherits all worldly riches entitled to him. Miss you.
caity