Monday, May 14, 2007

Cornwall Vaca 2007

The Plan: Surf Holiday in the Province of Cornwall
The Result: A rained out weekend of bed rest
So the weekend started out great. We spontaneously left a day early to the beautiful story book village of Gwithian, Cornwall for a few days of fun in the sun and surf on the sea. It had been an intense couple of weeks and we were all ready for a lazy good time ("We" as in Laura, Me and a girl visiting from Canada whom we had met in Africa 2 years previous). The forecast however called for rain and even before leaving London it started pouring. We get there and I'm not feeling to hot. I had been sick all week but it had seemed I was on the mend. Not the case. As the night went on my ears started getting all funny and before I went to bed it sounded like I was "underwater". Well two o'clock in the morning rolls around and i'm pacing the floor in excruciating pain. I honestly thought my had was going to explode out my ears. When I would try to be still and sleep my body would convulse from pain. (lol not the highest pain tolerance) So after almost an hour I woke up the girls in the other room ( I had been quarantined in the lone bedroom due to a bad cough) and collapsed on their bed cring. They prayed for me, found me drugs and put me back to bed but it wasn't until the wee hours of the morning that I managed to get back to sleep. The next day after having my head in the toilet as a mean of coping with the pain we headed to the doctor. The verdict: A nasty ear infection. So we were off the the pharmacy and then I went straight to bed. The end result: No surfing for Cassandra. Exhausted I spent most the vaca sleeping. It seemed that if I rested 3 hours I had energy for 2 and personallity enough for about 30 minutes. I still managed to visit the beach however and see some pretty shops. And due to the chilly weather nobdoy went surfing anyway.
So that was my weekend. I was going to give a full update but I'm bored so maybe another night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey crazy. Since I talked to you yesterday I already knew all this stuff, but I forgot to ask if you got the pictures I sent? And.. if you have time could you email me your address? (if you can't i'll just get it from you the next time we talk) Love you!!

Love, me