Monday, March 5, 2007

Saturday I was fully immersed in London shopping. Laura and I went to Oxford Circus and tackled the shops and…crowds. I have never seen so many people in all my life. Or at least never so many people with the same goal of shopping. It was like the entire population of my hometown in Canada on one street. I felt so small town as I gazed at the massive stores. Every time I lost sight of Laura I thought I was a goner. But the shoes! All the beautiful shoes, floor after floor after floor. I didn’t buy any as I didn’t want to spend money until I was making it, but after a few hours I got used to it all and fell in love with the never ending racks of clothes.
Life is going great, pretty intense at times but good never the less. I love London and my area is really growing on me as I learn my way around and have even been asked directions! It’s sort of strange as some areas look and smell so much like Dar Es Salaam in Africa, it kind of pricks my heart and makes me fully want to pack up and head South. Really, what I wouldn’t give to love on my orphan babies. (lol I know, Tanzania in London, but Laura agrees, it’s really strange)
Anyway, I’m pretty much settled in now. I got a job last week and start tomorrow. It’s only part term doing a “special project” at a Mission Doctor’s clinic (paper pushing I think) for about two weeks and then they’ll see if something opens long term. Honestly I think they’re just checking me out as the job I applied for is above my qualifications and they probably don’t want to spend crazy amounts of time training me if I’m a dud. So I’m praying they love me and maybe offer me full term. :)
(It’s a “Mission” clinic meaning it works in the inner city, which is great because I can walk to it and not have to pay for public transport. That and if I get into any human relations I’ll be working with the poor which would be perfect)
It’s not my dream job as I don’t quite get the child interaction I want but its neat how God worked it as it was the only job I applied for. ;)
That’s all the generic stuff I can think of for now. I still love the little church that I’m now calling family. They are so pure and so raw. None of the fake phony stuff, God just loves hanging out with them. Funny how you’ll get a big Church that says all the right things and does all the right things yet God is absent and then you get a little group of “nobodies” and Jesus just rocks the place. I so love that, his heart is so great. Sort of sad how easily we can miss it though, to chase after a religion instead of a relationship. Get stuck in “religious routine”. Lol Not with this church. Honestly, if you ever get a chance to visit London, add “Eleos” to your list of places to visit.

2 comments:

Susan Klassen said...

Congrats on the job! Crazy pictures, I trust God will provide an even better vehicle. I pray the job will turn into a fulltime position. Love what you said about the church, so true. God bless! :)

Caitlin Danae said...

All I can say is "Oh Cassy!" It is so good to hear - and so YOU. The shoes, the job, the church. Glad to hear things are going well.
Call you this weekend.