Friday, March 9, 2007

The more people I meet and the more places I visit the more sure I become that the only thing I can be sure of is the love of God. That he loves me unconditionally and that I can trust him with everything. All my hopes, all my fears. The desires that everyone knows and the ones that I’m even afraid to admit to. I’m learning that if I do nothing for the rest of my life but love him and the ones around me then that’s enough. Whether it’s the Queen of England or the homeless man by the tube station. It’s all about love. I always thought I had to become something fancy or do great impressive things but now I know that if I do that then fine but all that matters is that you love. And love selflessly. Not expecting anything in return. And extravagantly, going above and beyond what’s “normal”. Love is always a risk, but when your hearts in the hands of a trustworthy God we can afford to take that risk.
There are such extremes here. The extremely rich and the extremely poor. In the past we’ve gotten annoyed at the poor. Thinking they’re a “burden to society” or something, completely missing what they have to offer. In my little “London adventure” I hope to be taught by some of the best. (of the west that is) I hope to never forget the presence of God at church last Sunday when a little broken “homeless” guy stepped up to the mike and softly sang a song to Jesus. With his thick Scottish accent I barely knew a word of what he was saying but I did know that that place became electric. Something about the pure love from this man got all of Heavens attention. There needs to be such a balance though. To be completely satisfied yet to live with complete dissatisfaction. Loving Jesus and those around you has to be enough yet you must always be desperate to see more, to have more and just know more of God. His presence and his power. Talk is not enough. Talk is never enough. It must always be backed with action. Love requires action. Such a simple revelation but for me so profound. Love is so huge and like God, we’ve often made it small. In the words of Misty Edwards [God] “Won’t you let me love you more”! I love the fact that he’s everything. He’s my “enough” and everything else comes from that.
Guess I’m rambling and I’m sorry but words can’t properly describe what God’s up to right now.
Anyway… My first week at work is over (sigh of relief) It wasn’t bad just super stressful. I just kept looking around thinking “Do they know who I am and my qualifications?” as I typed up “Urgent Cancer” this and “Brain Surgery” that, desperately praying I didn’t make a mistake. Not to mention learning new computer programs and formatting new templates at the same time. Yeah, almost cried at first, lol but no it was fine. I think the worst part was just being chained to my desk all day. They offered me long term, which I thought I wanted, but now I know it’s not.
Last night Laura and I went to see Rolland Baker speak in Eeling. (area in London about two hours away) Gotta love Iris, Laura and I were quite a scene. (sloshed, not groupies;) Kind of been struggling with keeping my emotions for Africa in line though, and that certainly didn’t help. So in the meantime I’m going to ask God for English babies. Might as well, at least until I hit up the Sudan I guess. ;)
Well that's a lot and i'm running out of time.
*NOTE to mum* -Got your parcel! Fell head over heels at the sight of the Sweet Chili Heat Chips!
*NOTE to others*- I normally don't ask for specifics but if God puts it on your heart to send me Sweet Chili Heat chips, I won't refuse them. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cass, You're adorable!