Monday, October 12, 2009


I love that love is perfect. Not necessarily the way WE love, but the way HE loves –perfect. No matter what we do, we can never make him love us less and no amount of striving will ever make him love us more. God just loves us-perfectly.

This is my favorite thing when traveling to a war zone.

“God loves you. Perfectly.” That’s enough.

I have no doubt in my mind that I’m God’s favorite. I live, move, and function from that place. Sure, I definitely haven’t mastered it, and sometimes I forget BUT only for a moment, and then I remember, that, OH! I am loved the most. ☺

It’s from that place, that I realize something….

Over a hundred thousand women have been brutally raped in the Congo.

+100, 000.

I can’t imagine. Thousands more live in fear, as it’s such a part of everyday life.

Now as confident as I am that I AM God’s favorite, I’m just as certain that every single one of those women, of those girls, is God’s absolute favorite too.

He loves them most.

But it goes on. Not only that, but without a doubt I also know that every single man, soldier, or rebel who did that to those beautiful women, they too are God’s favorite.

He loves them most.

That’s why I love war zones. The reason I love brothels, and how I can see him among the slave traders or even just “the homeless guy”.

Because if he loves them as much as he loves me then OF COURSE I have no problem running as fast as I can into the darkest parts of the world to fight for just one of them. I don’t mind risking it all if it would mean that they would get to spend forever and day with him, like I will. Cause that’s his joy. And that’s enough. Living for love.

Over a hundred thousand women have been brutally raped in the Congo. Oi.

“He who has been forgiven much loves much”.

It’s like he sets us up for redemption. What we think would be impossible, he plans on how to make it simple.

“Can a nation be changed in a day?” Can a woman be healed in a moment?

That’s why I love the Congo, because it’s a nation full of his favorites.

So, to give a little more understanding why I live in huts in Sudan, hang out with prostitutes in Kenya and work with IDPs in Congo. Pretty much… I just really love Jesus, and he really loves us. I think that covers it. (However I PRAY I’ll never have to do the hut thing again. Not a fan of the dirty, spider infested, human size rats and no privacy thing. I would, BUT I l-o-v-e the luxury of space and a place to plug in my laptop. ;)

Also I’m heading back to Congo this week. It was expected but decided really fast. We’re going to see if we can get the right clearances and paper work to feed some kids ;)

PLEASE be praying for favor, as we have to go through the government and UN and a few other guys. There has been a lot of corruption in the Congo and we don’t have time or money to submit to their bribes. SO… Jesus? :)

ALSO- I’ve been feeling sick the last couple days. I have a three-day bus journey ahead of me, and then a month’s workload that we have to cram into two weeks – I can’t be sick!!

If you’d like to donate to the trip and our desire to feed an army of kids and see a little redemption take place in a war zone, EMAIL! I’ll let you know how you can get involved.

But for now, I’d love some extra love and prayer as we head back to the bush. Will post the exciting news as it unfolds when we get there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

definitly praying for you Cass.
peace
Lisa D.

Anonymous said...

sorry, spelled definitely wrong :)
still praying...