Sunday, January 6, 2008

In Ecuador!

Hey Guys,
I can´t talk long but I just wanted to let everyone know I made it. It took over 30 hours to get here but when I arrived I adjusted well to the altitude and ám trying my best to learn spanish asap (i understand it pretty well it´s just speaking where i struggle) I don´t have much time but i just wanted to quickly share some fun stories!
So on Friday we learned that a baby of a family that the directors are close to was in the ICU and on the verge of death. The doctor´s told them there was no hope and she wouldn´t make it through the afternoon. Well, not on our watch.We all piled in vehicles and rushed to the hospital to start praying. When we got there it didn´t look good but as we were praying the doctors came out and said the baby was stablising. Well as we´re in the waiting room we meet another mother who´s baby was on the verge of death. It had an infection that started in the lungs but was somehow climbing towards the brain or something. The mother was frantic but let us pray with her. A few minutes later she came out from the ICU room bawling as the baby slipped into a coma. Again the doctors said there was very little hope. We kept praying though knowing that the only answer at this point was Jesus showing up. WELL... within maybe 30 minutes the doctors came out once again to say the baby was on the mend. By the time we left the hospital a few hours later both babies were doing well and óut of danger´as they say. Isn´t God amazing! We were thrilled.
Well that was that. i preached at a woman´s juvenile prison yesterday and throughly enjoyed loving on all the woman. One girl was 16 and had two kids. One 5 and the other 3. They were great.
However... ever since I arrived I´ve had quick the stomach ache that has been accompaning me. It started in Calgary and Friday I started feeling nausious from it. Then saturday I started violently throwing up and was achy and full of pain. It sucked. Thankfully the guy we´re staying with is a doctor and stuck me with a needle to make me stop throwing up and pumped me full of medicine to ´make me strong´. I´m now on the mend and walking beautifully.
Well all my love to everyone! Hope to speak soon! Ciao!!

No comments: